If you’re a parent, then you’ve most probably heard the line, “Can I please have a puppy?” followed by, “I promised to take care of it!” numerous times. If you’ve finally said yes to those pleading puppy-dog eyes (no pun intended), then here are a few dog breeds to choose from that would be perfect for your family.
- Vizsla – Thrives in an active family that provides daily exercise, as this is a lively and affectionate breed possesses an above-average ability to take training. By nature, lively and affectionate, a real people-pleaser, making him the perfect family companion.
- Irish Setter – High-energy, but also outgoing and reliable. With its ‘clown-like’ personality, this dog is sure to keep children entertained for hours on end.
- Miniature Schnauzer – Since they shed very little, they make ideal pets for people prone to allergies. This smart and easily trainable breed’s naturally protective nature, makes him an excellent watchdog.
- Cocker Spaniel – Love the water, and would do well in any home near the ocean. Are intelligent and gentle, making them great family companions.
- Pug – A breed of compact size, the Pug makes a great dog breed choice for families living in smaller or city homes. Recognized for their even tempers, making them non-fussed, loving and outgoing around young children.
For more dog breeds to consider, visit petside.com.