One of the scariest things for dog owners is when tension develops between dogs and they get into a fight. What may start out as play can soon turn into an aggression filled squabble. Dog fights may be brief, with dogs walking away on their own, or they can turn brutal causing serious injury and even death.
- Keep your cool you have a job to do.
- Do not waste time screaming at the dogs. It hardly ever works.
- Go get a leash (allow the fight to continue while you do this).
- Dogs are almost always locked onto one another. Walk up and loop the leash around the back loin of the dog by either threading the leash through the handle or use the clip. I prefer the thread method.
- Now slowly back away and drag the dog to a fence or to an object that you can tie the leash to. By doing this, you effectively create an anchor for one of the dogs.
These are only some of the tips you can use, read How to Break Up a Dog Fight Without Getting Hurt by Ed Frawley for more.